· Elizabeth I. Maurer, Kristen K. Comfort, Saber M. Hussain , John J. Schlager, and Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, “Novel Platform Development using Assembly of Carbon Nanotube, Nanogold and Immobilized RNA Capture Element for Rapid, Selective Sensing of Bacteria”, Sensors 2012, 12, 8135-8144
· Natalia B. Shenogina, Mesfin Tsige, Soumya S. Patnaik, and Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, “Molecular Modeling Approach to Prediction of Thermo-Mechanical Behavior of Thermoset Polymer Networks, Macromolecules, (2012), in print.
· I.T. Barney, D.S. Lennaerts, S.R. Higgins, S.M. Mukhopadhyay, “Specific Surface Area of Hierarchical Graphitic Substrates Suitable for Multifunctional Applications,” under review, Materials Letters.
· I.T. Barney, S. Ganguli, A.K. Roy, S.M. Mukhopadhyay, “Improved Thermal Response in Encapsulated Phase Change Materials by Nanotube Attachment on Encapsulating Solid,” Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine, accepted 2012.
· J. McCoppin, I. Barney, S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Miller, T. Reitz, D. Young, “Compositional control of continuously graded anode functional layer”, Journal of Power Sources, 215 (2012).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, Editor, “Nanoscale Multi-functional Materials: Science & Applications” Fifteen-Chapter Book, Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-50891-6, October 2011.
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Key Attributes of Nanoscale Materials and Special Functionalities Emerging from them” Chapter 1 in Nanoscale Multifunctional Materials: Science and Applications, Sharmila Mukhopadhyay (Ed.), Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-50891-6, October 2011.
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Societal Impact and Future Trends in Nanomaterials” Chapter 1 in Nanoscale Multifunctional Materials: Science and Applications, Sharmila Mukhopadhyay (Ed.), Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-50891-6, October 2011.
· N. B. Shenogina, M. Tsige, S. M. Mukhopadhyay, S. S. Patnaik,” Molecular Modeling of Thermosetting Polymers: Effects of Degree of Curing And Chain Length on Thermo-Mechanical Properties”, Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM-18), Korea, 2011.
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay and A. Karumuri, “Nanotube attachment to prevent interfacial delamination”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 43 365301 (2010).
· E. Maurer, S. Hussain and S. M. Mukhopadhyay, “Cell Growth in a Porous Microcellular Structure: Influence of Surface Modification and Nanostructures”, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters
Vol. 3, 1–4, (2011)
· J. McCoppin, D.Young, T. Reitz, A. Maleszewski, S. Mukhopadhyay, “Solid oxide fuel cell with compositionally graded cathode functional layer deposited by pressure assisted dual-suspension spraying”, Journal of Power Sources 196 (2011) 3761–3765
· J. Bozeman III, I. Barney, A. Jackson, S. M. Mukhopadhyay, and H. Huang, Pt-Skin Structured Bimetallic Catalyst Supported on nano-Ceria as Sulfur-tolerant Anodes For Fuel Cells, ECS Transactions, Volume 35, Issue 1, May , 2011
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, A. Karumuri and I. T. Barney, “Hierarchical nanostructures by nanotube grafting on porous cellular surfaces”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 42 (2009).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay*, “Nanoscale Multifunctional Materials: Nature Inspired Hierarchical Architectures”, AZONanotechnology Feature Article, Nanotechnology Thought Leaders Series (2009).
· Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay*, Anil Karumuri and Ian T. Barney, “Nanotube Grafting in Porous Solids for High Surface Devices”, pp479-82, Nanotech, Vol. 3, (2009).
· Pulikollu, R.V.; Higgins, S.R.; Mukhopadhyay, S.M.; “Model nucleation and growth studies of nanoscale oxide coatings suitable for modification of microcellular and nano-structured carbon.” Surf. Coat. Technol., 2008, 203, 65-72.
· D. Das, R.N. Singh, I. T. Barney, A. G. Jackson, and S. M. Mukhopadhyay. “Effect of oxygen on growth and properties of diamond thin film deposited at low temperature.” J. Vacuum Science & Technology A, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 1487–1496, Nov. 2008.
· R. Pulikollu and S. M. Mukhopadhyay, “Nanoscale coatings for control of interfacial bonds and nanotube growth”, Applied Surface Science 253 (2007).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, J. Su and V. Chintamaneni, “Solution Based Approaches To Fabrication of YBa2Cu3O7-x (YBCO): Precursors Of Tri-Fluoroacetate (TFA) And Nanoparticle Colloids”, Journal of Electronic Materials, for August 2007.
· J. Su, P. Joshi, V. Chintamaneni and S. M. Mukhopadhyay, "Photoelectron Spectroscopic Investigation of Transformation of Trifluoroacetate Precursors into Superconducting YBa2Cu3O7-x Films" Applied Surface Science 253 (10): 4652-4658 MAR 15 2007
· X.M. Hu, P.Joshi, S.M.Mukhopadhyay and S.R.Higgins,” X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopic Studies Of Dolomite Surfaces Exposed To Undersaturated And Supersaturated Aqueous Solutions” GEOCHIMICA ET COSMOCHIMICA ACTA 70 (13): 3342-3350 JUL 1, 2006.
· Pratik P. Joshi, Rajasekhar Pulikollu, Steven R. Higgins, Xiaoming Hu, S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “ Investigation of Growth, Coverage and Effectiveness of Plasma Assisted Nano-films of Fluorocarbon”, Applied Surface Science, June (2006).
· J. Su, S. M. Mukhopadhyay, V. Chintamaneni, S. Sengupta, R. Revur," Fabrication of A Thin Film Of Multi-Cation Oxide (YBa2Cu3O7-x) starting from Nanoparticles of Mixed Ions ", Supercond. Sci. Tech. 19, L51-L54, (2006).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, J.H. Su, V. Chintamaneni, S. Vemulakonda, and P.P. Joshi, “Comparison of YBCO Thin Films Fabricated Using Different Approaches” Ceramic Transactions, (2007).
· J. Su, V. Chintamaneni, and S. M. Mukhopadhyay, “Microstructure and Superconducting Behavior of YBa2Cu3O7-δ Films Fabricated from Colloids of Nanoparticles”, accepted by IEEE transactions of Applied Superconductivity (2007).
· P.Joshi, R.Pulikollu & S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Nanometer-scale Coatings for Nano-structured Solids”, Surfaces & Interfaces in Nanostructured Materials, TMS Proceedings, March, 2006.
· S.M. Mukhopadhyay, Pratik P. Joshi, Rajasekhar V. Pulikollu, “ Thin Films for Coating Nanomaterials”, Tsinghua Science and Technology, Vol. 10, No.6, 277 – 287 (2005)
· J.H. Su, Pratik P. Joshi, V. Chintamneni, S.M. Mukhopadhyay, “ The Influence of Heating Rate on YBCO Films Prepared by The Trifluoroacetate Metal-organic Deposition Process”, Superconducting Science and Technology, Vol. 18, 1496 –1501, (2005)
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, Pratik P. Joshi, Rajasekhar V. Pulikollu, “ Surface Engineering Issues in Nanomaterials”, TRANSACTIONS OF THE INDIAN INSTITUTE OF METALS 58 (6): 1017-1026 DEC 2005
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay R. V. Pulikollua and A. K. Roy, “Surface modification of a microcellular porous solid: carbon foam”, Applied Surface Science, Vol: 225, 1-4, March 30, 223-228, (2004)
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, R. Pulikollu, E. Ripberger & A. K. Roy, "Surface Modification of Graphitic Foam", Journal of Applied Physics, 93, 2, Jan 2003.
· Paul N. Barnes, Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, Swaminathan Krishnaswami, Timothy J. Haugan, Justin C. Tolliver and Imaan Maartense, "Correlation between the XPS Peak Shapes of Y1Ba2Cu3O7-x and Film Quality", IEEE Trans. on Appl. Superconductivity, 13, 3643 (2003).
· P. N. Barnes, T. J. Haugan, J. T. Grant, S. M. Mukhopadhyay, C. B. Cobb, M. Sumption, and J. C. Tolliver, AC Loss and XPS Issues of YBCO Coated Conductors, Ceramic Transactions (2004).
· P.Joshi, R.Pulikollu & S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Nanometer-scale Coatings for Nano-structured Solids”, Surfaces & Interfaces in Nanostructured Materials, TMS Proceedings, 2004.
· S. Sathiraju, R. Wheeler, P.N. Barnes, T.L.Peterson, I . Maartense, A.L. Campbell, R.M. Nekkanti, L. Brunke, J. Murphy, T.A. Campbell, N.A. Yust, T.J. Haugan, Q. Jia, P. Arendt, S.Mukhopadya, and S. Vemulakonda, Studies on YBa2NbO6 and YBa2Cu3-xNbxOy Buffer Layers, Proceedings of AFOSR HTS Coated Conductor Peer-Review (2004).
· S.M. Mukhopadhyay, “Science & Engineering of Carbon Core Structures: Surface Engineering Issues”, Proceedings of Aerospace & Materials Sciences Program Review (2004).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, R.V.Pulikollu & A.K.Roy, “Surface Engineering Issues in Composite Core Structures” ICCM-14, July 2003, published by Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Article # TP03PUB296.
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, P. Joshi, S. Datta and J. MacDaniel, “Plasma Assisted Surface Coating Of Porous Solids", Applied Surface Science, 201, 219-226 (2002).
· P.N. Barnes, S. Mukhopadhyay, R. Nekkanti, T. Haugan, R. Biggers, and I. Maartense, XPS depth profiling studies of YBCO layer on buffered substrates, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, 48B, pp. 614-618 (2002).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, N. Mahadev and P. Joshi, A. K. Roy, K. Kearns and D. Anderson "Structural Investigation of Graphitic Foam", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 91, No 5, 3415-3420, (2002).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, P. Joshi, S. Datta, J.G.Zhao, P. France, "Plasma Assisted Hydrophobic Coatings in Porous Materials", J. Phys. D: Appl Phys, 35, 1927-1933, (2002).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay and S. Sengupta "Dopant Enhanced Processing of Superconducting Perovskites", Ceramic Transactions, Vol 104, 49-59, (2001).
· C. Penache, S. Datta, S. Mukhopadhyay, P. Joshi, A. Bräuning-Demian, O. Hohn, S. Schössler, T. Jahnke and H. Schmidt-Böcking, "Large area surface modification induced by parallel operated MSE sustained glow discharges", Vol. 2 of Official Proceedings, HAKONE VIII, International Symposium on High Pressure, Low Temperature Plasma Chemistry (2002).
· Paul N. Barnes, Sharmila Mukhopadhyay, Rama Nekkanti, Tim Haugan, Rand Biggers, Iman Maartense, "XPS Depth Profiling Studies of YBCO Layer on Buffered Substrates", Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, ICMC, Vol 48, 614-18, (2002).
· R. N. Ghosh, S. Ezhilvalavan, B. Golding, S. M. Mukhopadhyay, N. Mahadev, P. Joshi, M. K. Das and J. A. Cooper, Jr. "Profiling of the SiO2 - SiC Interface Using X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy", Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Vol. 640, Materials Research Society (2001).
· G. Y. McDaniel, S. T. Fenstermaker, D. E. Walker, and W.V. Lampert, S. M. Mukhopadhyay and P. H. Holloway, "Quantified conditions for reduction of ESO contamination during SiC Metalization" MATER SCI FORUM 338-3: 407-410 (2000).
· G. Y. McDaniel, S. T. Fenstermaker, D. E. Walker, and W.V. Lampert, S. M. Mukhopadhyay and P. H. Holloway, "Electron Stimulated Oxidation of Silicon Carbide", Surface Science, Feb, (2000).
· Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, N. Mahadev & S. Sengupta "Microstructural Analysis of Strongly-Linked Joint Formed in a Superconductor," Physica C, 329, 95-01 (2000).
· Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, Roberto Garcia and Niraj Mahadev, "Influence of Surface Doping on Sintering and Microstructure of a Superconducting Oxide", Physica C, 313, 205-12, (1999).
· Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay and C.Wei, “Interaction of Br with Y1Ba2Cu3O7-x: its role as a dopant and an etchant”, Physica C, 295, 263-70, (1998).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and C.Wei, “Interface modification by Br in the Processing of Superconducting Composites” Ceramic Transactions, Vol 102, 217-29, (1998).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Comparing the Surface Activity of Compounds Using an Elemental Adsorbate”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 30, (1997).
· E. Weil, W. Zhu, N. Patel and S. M. Mukhopadhyay, “A System Approach to Flame Retardancy and Comment on Mode of Action”, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 54, 125-136, (1996).
· C. Wei and S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Role of Halogen Dopants in Ag-Superconductor Composites”- Physica C, 259, 356-360, (1996).
· E. Weil, W. Zhu & S. M. Mukhopadhyay, “Intumescent Flame-Retardant System of Phosphates and 5,5,5’, 5’, 5’’, 5’’, Hexamethyltris (1,3,2 Dioxaphosphorin-anemethan) amine 2,2’, 2’’-Trioxide for Polyolefins”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 62, 2267-2280,(1996).
· S. M. Mukhopadhyay, Chao Wei and Tim C.S. Chen, “Interactions at the Superconductor- Metal Interface”, Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 3, No. 1-3, pp. 7-13, (1995).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and Tim C.S.Chen, “Surface Chemical states of BaTiO3: Influence of Sample Processing”, Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 10, No. 6, 1502-1507, June (1995).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and Tim C.S.Chen, “Interaction of PZT with Ni: Role of Surface Defects”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 28, 2170-2175, (1995).
· Tim C.S.Chen and S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Metallization of Electronic Fluropolymers” Journal of Applied Physics, 78, 9, Nov.1, (1995).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and Tim C.S.Chen, “Surface Properties of Perovskites and Their Response to Ion Bombardment”, Journal of Applied Physics, 74, 2, 872-876, July15, (1993).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and Tim C.S.Chen, “Ion Bombardment Induced Changes in Oxide-Metal Interactions Studied by Photoelectron Spectroscopy”, Journal of Materials Research, 8, 8, 1958-1963, August, (1993).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and Tim C.S.Chen, “Understanding Surface Activity of Oxides from Metal-Ceramic Interface Formation”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, 10 (6), 3545-3549, (1992).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and C.S.Chen, “Role of Surface Defects in Metal-Ceramic bonding”, Structure and Properties of Interfaces in Materials, MRS Symp. Proc. Vol. 238, pp. 787-792, Materials Research Society, (1992).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and J.M.Blakely, “Ionic Double Layers at the Surface of Mg-doped Aluminum Oxide: Its Effect on Segregation Properties”, Journal of American Ceramic Society, 74, 1, 25-30, (1991).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and S.H.Garofallini, “Surface Studies of TiO2-SiO2 Glasses by X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy”, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 126, 202-208, (1990).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay, A.P.Jardine, J.M.Blakely & S.Baik, “Ca and Mg Segregation to the (1010) Prismatic Surface of Mg-Implanted Sapphire.” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 71  358-362,(1988).
· J.M.Blakely and S.M.Mukhopadhyay, “Segregation at Ceramic Surfaces and Effects on Mass Transport’’, Surfaces and Interfaces of Ceramic Materials” NATO ASI Series, (1989).
· S.M.Mukhopadhyay and J.M.Blakely, “Effect of Magnesia on Mass Transport at the Surface of Alumina.” Characterization of the Structure and Chemistry of Defects in Materials, MRS Symp. Proc., Vol. 138, pp. 415-420, (1989).
· A.P.Jardine, S.M.Mukhopadhyay and J.M.Blakely, “Mg Implantation and Characterization of Sapphire Surfaces.” Beam Solid Interactions and Transient Processes, MRS Symp. Proc., pp. 365-373, Materials Research Society, (1987).
· “MPMD FIFTH GLOBAL INNOVATIONS PROCEEDINGS: Surfaces and Interfaces in Nanostructured Materials and Trends in LIGA, Miniaturization and Nanoscale Materials”, Edited by Sharmila M. Mukhopadhyay, Sudipta Seal, Narendra Dahotre, Arvind Agarwal and John E. Smugeresky, March 2004.
· “Interfaces in Electronic Materials”, Ed: L. Cook, D. Misra, S. Mukhopadhyay, W. Wong-Ng, O.Leonte & K. Sundaram, Electrochemical Society, 2006.
"Sample Preparation Techniques for Characterization of